Capital assets are key elements in the operation of a business, and important factors in a company’s financials. They demand accurate tracking, with careful attention to depreciation schedules, which may vary by asset type.
An integral part of Budget Maestro, the capital asset planning software feature enables you to forecast your capital asset requirements and see the impact of capital expenditures and depreciation on the Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows.
Standard depreciation schedules are built into the package. If you prefer, you can create a custom asset depreciation & amortization schedules based on your specific requirements.
Budget Maestro capital asset management software enables you to:
- Streamline the capital asset planning process
- Replace multiple department-based spreadsheets with a single, unified capital asset planning tool
- Track the depreciation on existing and forecasted assets
- Use the standard depreciation schedule of your choice (straight line, double declining balance, sum of years, MACRS tables) or create custom schedules
- Establish separate acquisition and in-service dates to accurately recognize depreciation expenses in appropriate periods
- Calculate the gain or loss on disposal of assets
- Analyze the impact of capital asset acquisition and expenditures on your Income Statements, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow reports
- See the impact of mergers, new locations, and other business moves on capital asset budgeting and profitability