Most small to mid-sized companies spend enormous amount of time on their annual budgeting cycle, according to a survey by Centage and IOMA. Much of that time is spent utilizing spreadsheets to collect, clean, and consolidate their data, followed by revisions and more revisions. The most common difficulty is trying to use homemade spreadsheets, formulas and macros when a more sophisticated tool is required. Broken links, bad formulas and incompatible formats mean lots of wasted time and inaccurate results.
Budget Maestro budgeting and planning software significantly shortens the budget cycle by standardizing and guiding users through the data collection process, then automating all the calculations and allocations needed to produce the budget. Built specifically for the task, Budget Maestro eliminates all the problems that derail spreadsheets.
Budget Maestro budgeting and planning software enables you to:
- Organize your budget to match your operational plan model – by division, geography, product line, customer type, etc.
- Import key components of the budget model, including the chart of accounts, organizational hierarchy, sales data, payroll information, fixed asset data, and trial balances
- Utilize zero-based budgeting, activity-based budgeting or start from last year’s actuals
- Foster collaboration by allowing line managers to enter their own budget data and generate their own reports
- Use wizards, menus and drop-down selections to standardize and simplify the entire process
- Upload data from accounting/ERP systems
- Maintain existing G/L account numbering and naming conventions
- Utilize Drivers to rapidly build up your results, such as allocating training expense based on department headcount or number of new hires
- Automatically create synchronized P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements, using system’s built-in GAAP-compliant intelligence