Centage Corporation is a leading provider of cloud financial software that transforms how businesses budget, forecast, analyze and report. Centage’s intelligent planning and analytics platform, Planning Maestro, delivers sophisticated financial intelligence that can be implemented quickly and at an affordable price to small and medium-sized companies. With a direct line-of-sight into the organization’s financial health, Centage clients can react quickly to market changes, take intelligent risks, and capitalize on new opportunities. Centage serves over 10,000 users worldwide.
Centage provides a high energy, team-oriented workplace with the opportunity to be a significant contributor in an entrepreneurial environment.
We are looking for well-versed, independent, and flexible software engineers that are technically strong, energetic, highly collaborative, and passionate about building high quality customer-focused products. We are a small team, believe strongly in wearing multiple hats, and take extreme ownership to get the best out of ourselves and others. We are very pragmatic and agile in our approach, and we do not hire based on buzzword technologies.
Important Note – We are currently operating in a fully remote capacity, and hence candidates must be comfortable working remotely for a period of time. The expectation is that we will return to a regular, flexible working arrangement in the future, and hence we would like to ensure that prospective candidates are able to come to the office in person at least once per week.
- Collaborate with other stakeholder teams (Consulting, Sales, Customer Support) to understand and distill business requirements into technical solutions
- Use agile software development techniques and tools to maximize productivity and quality, including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Continuously deploy new high-quality features into production with minimal platform downtime and no impact to end customers
- Build business domain expertise in financial planning and analysis, and apply engineering expertise to these business concepts to continually develop new product features
Background and Skills :
- A team focus with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Exceptional ability to quickly grasp high-level business goals, derive requirements, and translate them into effective technical solutions
- Exceptional object-oriented thinking, design and programming skills (Java preferred, but we are open to other object-oriented languages)
- Proficiency with SQL, relational data modeling, and basic database schema design
- Penchant toward self-motivation and continuous improvement; these words should describe you: dedicated, energetic, curious, conscientious, and flexible
- Software development experience with a unit testing framework (e.g. JUnit) preferred
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on shifting business needs
- Experience in a pragmatic agile software development environment a strong plus
- Financial planning, general ledger, ERP or accounting background a strong plus
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 5 years as a Software Engineer