Centage is a leader in intelligent financial planning for small to mid-sized businesses, a large and active market. The company is poised for continued rapid growth driven by both the introduction of a new cloud-based SaaS product and an increase in the size and scale of our customers. In support of these efforts, we are building a high-caliber Software Engineering team and development process to complement our already strong Sales and Marketing organizations. Our goal is to ship great products and delight our users. This is why we need you!
We are looking for an experienced and flexible Director-level software engineering leader who is technically strong, energetic, highly collaborative, and passionate about building both teams and customer-focused products. This role requires a blend of technical leadership, people leadership and project leadership. We are a small team and believe strongly in wearing multiple hats and taking extreme ownership to get the best out of ourselves and others.
- Drive the execution and delivery of product features by collaborating with cross functional teams that include Product Management, Integration and Customer Support
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new feature development, focusing on total cost of ownership for newly developed features
- Provide employee coaching, mentoring, development and team building
- Participate actively in agile software development process, acting in a combined technical project lead and scrum master role
- Provide leadership, management and technical vision to entire engineering team
- Use agile software development techniques and tools to maximize productivity and quality, including JIRA and Confluence
- Repeatably deploy new features into production with minimal platform downtime and no impact to end customers
- Build business domain expertise in financial planning and analysis, and apply engineering expertise to these business concepts to continually develop new product features
Background and Skills
- Hands-on technical and people leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to recruit technical team members and manage individual performance
- Extensive experience in a pragmatic agile software development environment, with a strong track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional ability to quickly grasp high-level business goals, derive requirements, translate them into effective technical designs, and efficiently convey both the essence and details to a small team of software and QA engineers
- Demonstrable hands on experience coding in Java or a related object-oriented language
- Proficiency with data modeling and database schema design, both relational and NoSQL (MongoDB preferred)
- Experience with deploying and operationally supporting SaaS applications in an AWS environment
- A keen appreciation for, and continual focus on, collective ownership, with excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Financial, budgeting general ledger, ERP or accounting background a strong plus
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering (in lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
- Minimum of 12 years of experience, at least 5 of which were in a technical leadership position
Since 2001, thousands of finance professionals have used Centage’s Maestro product suite to transform how they plan, budget, forecast, analyze and report. Centage has been recognized three years in a row as being one of Inc 5000’s fastest growing private companies, as well as by the Boston Business Journal as one of the Top 50 fastest growth companies in Massachusetts. Centage provides a high energy, team-oriented workplace with the opportunity to be a significant contributor in an entrepreneurial environment.
Centage offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits including paid time off, health insurance, dental/vision coverage, long and short disability, and life insurance.