Accurate financial projections rely on the ability forecast all business expenses and include them in the income statement. It’s critical to consider that some expenses do not remain fixed and will vary with changes in business activity. Entering fixed amounts for every expense (common with spreadsheets) is not only time consuming, it makes financial projections difficult to adjust as the scale of the business changes. The Maestro Suite eliminates the risks associated with using time-consuming spreadsheets, and lets you create your expense budget based on “people and things,” not “cells and formulas.”
Accurate and Easy Allocations
The Maestro Suite makes the process of calculating and managing expense allocations much easier and more efficient than spreadsheets or other formula-based tools. Any user-defined driver (hours, headcount, revenue, account group, etc.) can be used in your top-down allocations, and you can easily generate what-if scenarios to gauge the impact of projected expense changes on cash flow, Balance Sheets and Income Statements.
Maestro Suite Benefits
- Easily add and change accounts or dimensions you would like to track.
- Base allocations on any driver – from headcount to square footage to number of subscribers.
- Easily distribute shared expenses across the organization.
- Quickly make changes to the organization structure and/or roll-up sequence.
- Plan and track your forecasts by any operating area such as department, location, manager, geography, product line, project, etc.
- Track company performance by any dimension.
- Use driver-based planning to tie any expenses to key business variables.
- Set Accounts Payable/Pre-paid Expense schedules globally or per line item.
- Quickly upload data from your GL/ERP systems for benchmarking and variance reporting.
- Budget below the GL account level.
- Roll up budgets from departments or other entities to a company-wide view.