A rolling financial forecast (aka rolling planning system) allows you to project out as the year progresses to accommodate trends that affect key business drivers. Typically, with a quarterly rolling forecast, businesses project approximately four to six quarters ahead, irrespective of the calendar date or year. The Maestro Suite makes the rolling forecast process easier and more accurate, while allowing for quick adjustments as conditions dictate.
A More Valuable Forecast
Using spreadsheets to predict and react quickly to unforeseen trends and opportunities 12 or 18 months in advance is nearly impossible. The Maestro Suite not only makes rolling forecasts much easier, it fosters collaboration across business units. Managers can identify and exploit trends and opportunities, and make quick decisions on a more operational level. Every month, you’ll know how well your business is performing and accurately forecast and report on its future financial health. Adopting a rolling forecast approach means you’ll speed up decision-making and deliver useful business information all year long.
Maestro Suite Benefits
- Gain a long-term view, with the ability to create rolling forecasts beyond 12 periods.
- Centralize data in a single database, not across numerous spreadsheets, and consolidate automatically, to provide real-time forecasts from summary to detail level.
- See changes in assumptions based on key business drivers or market conditions instantly, across the entire model.
- Generate variance reports of budget, actual and reforecasted numbers.
- Compare multiple forecasts, e.g. Forecast with Flat Sales and Stable Healthcare Costs, vs. Forecast with 10% Sales Growth and 5% Healthcare Increase.
- Quickly and easily compare Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements for multiple periods and versions.
- Requires no labor-intensive formulas, macros or links.