Natick, MA – February 26, 2013 – Centage™ Corporation, a leading provider of budgeting and forecasting software (Budget Maestro™), will host a webinar series featuring noted author and Program Director for the Beyond Budgeting Round Table (BBRT) North America, Steve Player. The first session will take place on Tuesday, March 12th highlighting why organizations of all sizes are moving to rolling forecasts. During this presentation, Mr. Player will join Centage executives in discussing the need for organizations to improve financial planning and control.
- Part 1 of 4, “Understanding Why Organizations of All Sizes Are Moving to Rolling Forecasts”
- Date: Tuesday, March 12th, 2013
- Time: 11:30 a.m. ET/ 8:30 a.m. PT
- Registration link
In today’s uncertain market conditions, meaningful budget assumptions have a very short shelf life. Recent research by Business Finance magazine and APQC has found that the majority of budgets have targets that become obsolete before mid-year. Fortunately finance teams are finding ways to become more effective by replacing annual budgets with a series of rolling forecasts that match up budgets with incoming actuals.
This first webinar session will cover:
- The biggest factors motivating organizations of all sizes to move to rolling forecasts
- The seven reasons why small to mid-sized business have an even stronger case for change
- Tailor key performance indicators to ensure speed and accuracy
- How to get started with rolling forecasts
- Case examples from small to mid-sized companies that are already changing
Guest speaker Steve Player is the Program Director for the Beyond Budgeting Round Table (BBRT) North America. He is also the co-author (with Steve Morlidge) of Future Ready: How to Master Business Forecasting (Wiley, 2010) and the co-author (with Jeremy Hope) of Beyond Performance Management (Harvard Business School Press, 2012).