Centage Corporation is a leading provider of cloud financial software that transforms how businesses budget, forecast, analyze and report. Centage’s intelligent planning and analytics platform, Planning Maestro, delivers sophisticated financial intelligence that can be implemented quickly and at an affordable price to small and medium-sized companies. With a direct line-of-sight into the organization’s financial health, Centage clients can react quickly to market changes, take intelligent risks, and capitalize on new opportunities. Centage serves over 10,000 users worldwide. Centage Corporation is headquartered in Natick, MA.
Centage offers a high energy, team-oriented work environment with the opportunity to be a significant contributor to a rapidly growing organization.
Centage is poised for continued rapid growth through the introduction of new cloud-based SaaS products along with expansion into larger, mid-market customers. The company designs, develops, tests and delivers innovative features for our customers onto our live platform. The ability to consistently deliver new software while maintaining the reliability, quality, and fault tolerance that our customers require makes us stand out in a highly competitive market. To support this, Centage is making targeted investments to build an excellent software development team and process.
Centage utilizes an agile software development methodology and encourages a collaborative approach to work. The company is hyper-focused on customers with the primary goal of delivering business value early and often. The company is seeking well-versed, flexible software engineers and does not hire based on buzzword technologies.
- Collaborate with other stakeholder teams (Product, Integration and Support) to understand and distill business requirements into technical solutions
- Use agile software development techniques and tools to maximize productivity and quality, including JIRA and Confluence
- Repeatably deploy new features into production with minimal platform downtime and no impact to end customers
- Build business domain expertise in financial planning and analysis, and apply engineering expertise to these business concepts to continually develop new product features
Background and Skills:
- A team focus with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Exceptional ability to quickly grasp high-level business goals, derive requirements, and translate them into effective technical solutions
- Exceptional object-oriented thinking, design and programming skills (Java preferred, but we are open to other object-oriented languages)
- Proficiency with SQL, relational data modeling, and basic database schema design
- Penchant toward self-motivation; these words should describe you: dedicated, energetic, curious, conscientious, and flexible
- Software development experience with a unit testing framework (e.g. JUnit) preferred
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on shifting business needs
- Experience in a pragmatic agile software development environment a strong plus
- Financial, budgeting general ledger, ERP or accounting background a strong plus
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 5 years as a Software Engineer