Centage Corporation is a leader in intelligent financial planning for small to mid-sized businesses, a large and active market. The company is poised for continued growth driven by introducing a new cloud-based SaaS product and an increase in the size and scale of our customers. In support of these efforts, we are adding a UI Designer to our high-caliber Product Development team. If you are an experienced User Interface (UI) Designer with strong UX and research skills, a passion for solving real-world problems, and the desire to work in an environment where collective ownership is a foundational practice, then we want to talk to you!
As a UI Designer at Centage, you will own the entire end-to-end interface and experience design from discovery through delivery. You’ll design new features and improve existing ones to create simple yet powerful user experiences. You’ll be able to make an impact by solving meaningful problems and creating new experiences and design patterns for the way our customers use our products. We work cross-functionally with just about every team to deliver a unified customer experience across several state-of-the-art financial SaaS platforms.
Important Note – We are currently operating in a fully remote capacity, and hence candidates must be comfortable working remotely for a period of time. The expectation is that we will return to a regular, flexible working arrangement in the future, and hence we would like to ensure that prospective candidates are able to come to the office in person at least once per week.
- Lead design projects from their inception to conceptual stages all the way to clear, well-defined experiences. You are expected to identify pain points, generate ideas quickly, help define requirements, and drive design initiatives that provide measurable value to our customers and business.
- Participate in design critique sessions where you challenge your assumptions and seek feedback early and often; you strive to produce high-quality work and practice continuous improvement.
- Use storytelling, facilitation, and insights about our customers to create empathy to guide product and engineering teams.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to explore and validate opportunities, assumptions, and solutions to identify what’s worth pursuing and what isn’t and gain insights into user wants and needs.
- Use customer feedback and product metrics to make data-driven design decisions.
- Review existing designs and workflows to see where improvements can be made to improve ease of use and user experience.
- Create high fidelity designs that align with our brand and high standards for user experience; collaborate with Engineers and balance user-centered design with technical feasibility.
- Contribute to and expand our design system to ensure a cohesive and holistic product experience.
- Partner with the Marketing Team for the creation of cohesive branding. Utilize your knowledge and experience to produce a Style Guide and set standards for the look and feel of our products.
- Share your knowledge and mentor team members while also continuously developing your skill-set and craft.
Background and Skills
- 3+ years of UI/UX experience. Web-based B2B SaaS experience is a plus.
- A robust online portfolio or personal website that showcases your work and, most importantly, your thinking. We’d like you to share samples of your work as a part of the application process.
- Experience working with one or more of the following tools: Figma, Adobe Creative Suite/Adobe XD, Invision Studio, and FramerX.
- Strong interaction design skills – The ability to think through complex landscapes and systems to create straightforward workflows focusing on ease of use and simplicity.
- Strong visual design skills – A high personal bar for visual design quality and a keen eye for details; the drive to help us push our visual design standards to be constantly improving as our platform grows; the ability and desire to contribute to a holistic design system and help it continuously evolve.
- Experience in conducting user research – You are curious about our core users and their needs and integrate insight from continuous research to inform your design decisions.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people and a constantly changing landscape – A self-directed and collaborative working style; the ability to diplomatically explain what does and doesn’t make sense from a user experience standpoint.
- A strong alliance with business goals that bring value to our customers – A willingness to do “napkin sketches” to quickly iterate and advance design concepts.
- Leadership/mentoring experience is a plus.
- Experience working closely with a boutique design firm to collaboratively create a product style guide, consistent with internal marketing style and brand guidelines.
About Centage Since 2001, thousands of finance professionals have used Centage’s Maestro product suite to transform how they plan, budget, forecast, analyze and report. Centage has been recognized three years in a row as being one of Inc 5000’s fastest-growing private companies, as well as by the Boston Business Journal as one of the Top 50 fastest growth companies in Massachusetts. Centage provides a high-energy, team-oriented workplace with the opportunity to be a significant contributor in an entrepreneurial environment. Centage offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, dental/vision coverage, long and short disability, and life insurance.