Planning Software for Education
Planning Maestro® is a strategic FP&A asset that redefines how school districts, universities, and other educational institutions budget, forecast, analyze and report. Whether making your first move away from spreadsheets or implementing corporate performance management, Planning Maestro will work for your educational institution. You’ll get a real-time line of sight into your business, speed decision-making and continually deliver the financial intelligence your leadership needs to make faster, more confident decisions.
Get the answers you need
Easy-to-use what-if scenario capabilities allow you to change assumptions and immediately see the impact on your revenue, expenses, and cash flow. For example:
- If enrollment goals aren’t met can we still launch our online education program?
- If government or private funding is delayed, will we need to raise tuition?
- Do we have cash flow available to purchase new lab equipment and furniture?
With Planning Maestro, you can:
Gain control over personnel expenditures
- Accurately track payroll, payroll taxes, and fringe benefits for each staff or faculty member groups and allocate expenses across departments
- Drive staffing requirements for departments based on key drivers such as enrollment or projected revenue
Manage cash flow fluctuations
- Track expected vs. actual incoming grants, endowments, merchandise commissions, or tuition increases to monitor cash flow
- Regulate seasonality and unknowns through continuous forecasting
Match expenses to revenue
- Control costs associated with instruction and administration through consistent forecasting and analysis
- Produce and distribute expense to revenue matching
Produce accurate revenue forecasts
- Forecast and track revenue for sources such as services, annual fund donations, and grants
- Generate what-if scenarios to explore different revenue streams such as performances, bake sales, reunions, research hospitals, distance learning, alumni services, enrollment numbers, etc.
- Accurately group student types (part-time, full-time, program) for precise revenue planning
- Produce driver-based plans using key performance indicators (KPIs): acceptance rate, enrollment, graduation rate, student/professor ratio and cost per employee
Meet educational reporting requirements
- File P&L, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow in a timely manner, properly reflecting revenue and expenses
- Encourage accountability throughout the organization with collaborative reporting