Planning Software for Energy & Utilities
Planning Maestro® is a strategic FP&A asset that redefines how Energy and Utility companies budget, forecast, analyze and report. Whether making your first move away from spreadsheets or implementing corporate performance management, Planning Maestro will work for your organization. You’ll get an accurate line of sight into your business, speed decision-making and continually deliver the financial intelligence your leadership needs to make faster, more confident decisions.
Get the answers you need
Easy-to-use what-if scenario capabilities allow you to change assumptions and immediately see the impact on your revenue, expenses, and cash flow. For example:
- Do we have cash flow available to invest in new technology, add capacity, or expand to new markets?
- If we cut costs, will we still be able to meet regulatory requirements and reduce environmental impact?
With Planning Maestro, you can:
Improve operational efficiencies
- Get a comprehensive overview of your organization’s performance with integrated planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, analysis and consolidation
- Efficiently manage revenues and costs in relevant units (i.e. tons, energy produced, BTU’s, mined coal) to immediately see their impact on your P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Evaluate revenue by customer type to identify efficiencies and increase profitability
- Accurately forecast the impact of long-term asset depreciation/amortization on your Balance Sheet and P&L
Proactively control costs
- Manage costs associated with capital expenditures and future projects
- Understand the costs behind each employee (including salaries, taxes, fringe benefits, etc.) for more accurate operating cost projections
Capitalize on revenue planning
- Apply drivers (i.e. cost, price, or usage) to explore ways to improve the bottom line
Generate reliable and consistent reporting
- Create consolidated financial statements for various divisions, incorporating finance, engineering, and operational assumptions
- Measure current and past performance against industry metrics such as usage rates.
- Improve decision-making via reports on key metrics such as usage and rates, quantity and price fluctuations, capital expenditure projections, and headcount
Conduct frequent forecasting and reforecasting
- Utilize lagging and/or leading indicators to help predict future performance (e.g. average revenue per kWh and/or forecasted customer rate schedules)
- Meet goals with continuous measurement of plan vs. actual variance forecasts measuring dollars, quantity, and other key performance indicators (KPIs)
Predict and monitor cash flow
- Measure cash flow continuously to assure readiness for new technology investments
- Manage costs better, eliminate excessive financing, and meet all credit obligations associated with ongoing capital expenditures and future projects