Natick MA – August 06, 2015 –Later this month Centage™ Corporation, a leading provider of budgeting and forecasting software (Budget Maestro™) for small and medium sized businesses, will sponsor a Proformative webinar entitled, “Best Practices for a Quicker Financial Close.” Hosted Wednesday, August 19th at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT, the session will feature insights from Blaire Cook, corporate director, Clarke Inc., and many-time CFO. Mr. Cook will explore ideas for shortening the financial close process and look at the benefits of real-time budget analysis. To register for the webinar visit https://bit.ly/1KIkKpd.
- “Best Practices for a Quicker Financial Close”
- Wednesday, August 19th at 2 p.m. EDT/ 11 a.m. PDT
- Click here to register (all registrations will receive a recording of the event)
The pressure on the finance function has never been higher to deliver financial results as soon as possible after the period. Managers, analysts, Boards, and investors are digesting market information in real-time and are beginning to expect the same of financial results. To meet these high expectations, the CFO and controller need to find ways to speed up their financial close processes to report the financial results before they become perceived as old news in the new world. Leading companies have found ways to close their books in as little as one day and experience the benefit of almost real-time analysis (in addition to the actual period financial data) that can be performed with a shorter close.
Attendees will learn:
- How to identify the rationale for achieving a fast close and the barriers that stand in the way.
- The strategies for achieving the fast close using people, processes, and technology solutions.
- How to use a change management approach to improve the financial close process.
Blair Cook is a many-time CFO, corporate director, and educator working with dozens of public and private companies; and professional bodies and post-secondary institutions across Canada. Blair’s focus in recent years has been to define and develop a career path for financial professionals aspiring to the Office of the CFO as he shares stories of success and lessons learned to others who share a passion for developing financial leadership competency.